(7-25-20) The Cass County Sheriff’s Office reports   is investigating an accidental electrocution that happened this afternoon at approximately 1:21 pm. The accident occurred at 61272 Dailey Rd, Lagrange Twp., Cass County, Michigan.

Emergency personnel were called to the scene after Austin Francis (31) of Kalamazoo and Cassopolis  and his brother Lane Francis (19) of Cassopolis who were accidentally electrocuted. The brothers were moving a sailboat when the mast struck a power line running to the house.

francis brothers

Both were electrocuted and moved away from the boat by rescuers. CPR and AED’s were administered to both brothers on scene. The brothers were transported from the scene by ambulance and helicopter for treatment at South Bend Memorial Hospital.

Austin is the soccer coach at Cassopolis High School.

Pokagon Tribal Police, Cass Central Fire Department, Pride Care Ambulance and Med-Flight assisted deputies in this investigation.

This incident remains under investigation at this time.